Is my dip tube clogged?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enoch52

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched and didn't find it--several on how to deal with a clogged dip tube, but I didn't see any on diagnosing it.

I'm new to kegging, and one of my kegs/faucets in my kegerator works great, but the other doesn't--it will usually give me an ounce or so before it stops altogether.

It's not the CO2 to the keg (pressure release valve shows there is pressure in the keg), and I don't think it's the disconnect (using the disconnect to faucet for the other keg also doesn't give me anything), and I don't think it's the faucet (connecting the hose from the liquid out from the other keg gets me beer). So the problem appears to be somewhere between the beer itself and the liquid out post. I suspect it's not the keg, as it's new. When I racked to the keg, I did get a lot of sediment stirred up, which leads me to think that the dip tube might have gotten clogged.

Is this a reasonable assumption, before I begin disassembling things to hook my CO2 up to the liquid out post to clear?

I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched and didn't find it--several on how to deal with a clogged dip tube, but I didn't see any on diagnosing it.

I'm new to kegging, and one of my kegs/faucets in my kegerator works great, but the other doesn't--it will usually give me an ounce or so before it stops altogether.

It's not the CO2 to the keg (pressure release valve shows there is pressure in the keg), and I don't think it's the disconnect (using the disconnect to faucet for the other keg also doesn't give me anything), and I don't think it's the faucet (connecting the hose from the liquid out from the other keg gets me beer). So the problem appears to be somewhere between the beer itself and the liquid out post. I suspect it's not the keg, as it's new. When I racked to the keg, I did get a lot of sediment stirred up, which leads me to think that the dip tube might have gotten clogged.

Is this a reasonable assumption, before I begin disassembling things to hook my CO2 up to the liquid out post to clear?

It's more likely the ball lock than the diptube. Just take off the ball lock and see if you find some gunk in it. Try blasting co2 through the ball lock

Back