Is it too much ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irena

Reaction score
hi,i became addicted to drinking beer 7-8 years ago,but from when i started to brew my own beer i drink too too much beer.i can say i drink 2 liters or even more a day.i don't know if this is too much but my family and friend always tell me too decrease it and my father says it'll be harmful if you exceed the normal in everything not only drinking beer but i don't know how much is normal.does drink beer in this volume will be harmful ? or will it be harmful in any volume at all ?

6 beers a day, every day, is a lot to me. 42 beers a week just seems a lot. I may have half that. Maybe 5 during the week and 10 to 15 on the weekend. 5 during the week is generous. I may have 2 or 3 during the week.

I don't know your age but with that consumption you can look forward to obesity, type II diabetes and perhaps a liver problem later in life. Cut it back or get your affairs in order so your family is taken care of when you are gone.

I think two liters is approximately 67 ounces or more than five bottles of beer. If someone I cared about drank that much everyday I would be concerned for them.

Have you tried to stop drinking? If you are unable to stop, that is also a problem.

Good luck, friend.

i don't know how to decrease now i drink beer instead of water... sadly i'm addicted.

2 liters a day, every day...yeah that's a lot. Height and weight play into it as well. Not sure if your name is male or female, but if you are a female of average weight and height then it is an awful lot. Pick a few days not to drink at all and try to build on that. If in trying to do that you find you can't, get some help. Nothing to be ashamed of, we all love beer here, but health and happiness don't go with drinking way too much, so if you can't control it you need to do what it takes to get it under control.

I've read quite a few articles mentioning that 1-2 beers a day (12-24 oz.) is actually beneficial to heart health. People who drink 1-2 beers a day have, on average, lower CRP levels than heavy drinkers and non-drinkers. A high CRP level is a common factor in most heart attack victims.

As long as you drink enough water and maintain an overall healthy diet, 1-2 beers a day can be good for you but 2 liters may be too much.

i don't know how to decrease now i drink beer instead of water... sadly i'm addicted.

You can be treated for addictions. Some suggestions:

See your doctor for a referral to a treatment center or program

in the USA, Alcoholics Anonymous is a group that assists those addicted to alcohol - I suspect they are all over the world, including Poland

contact your local public health, social service or mental health agency

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

what part of Poland are you from? east or west? I have found the German's I know drink on average the same amount...and then still kick it up on the weekends. This is a Country that has survived on beer. It is about of there coulture. The one question i have is Does the drinking affect your life and how you do things?

what part of Poland are you from? east or west? I have found the German's I know drink on average the same amount...and then still kick it up on the weekends. This is a Country that has survived on beer. It is about of there coulture. The one question i have is Does the drinking affect your life and how you do things?

Poznań.west,the only problem with drink at this volume is money and obesity.i don't have any other issue with drinking.(yet)

the rule of thumb is 2 beers a day for a male and 1 per day for females due to their lack of enzymes to break down alchol. Guys have the edge on this one :cross:. If your drinking 5-6 a day cut back and start taking milk thistle.

I have found the German's I know drink on average the same amount...and then still kick it up on the weekends. This is a Country that has survived on beer. It is about of there coulture.

This struck me as wrong - not your experience, but rather to extrapolate that consuming 2 liters of beer every day is a part of German beer culture. Thanks to Google, I found this compilation of German beer statistics,http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/gerstats.htm#consumption which says the per capita consumption of beer in Germany is less than 120 liters per year. That's less than one bottle per day per capita.

So, while I think many Germans drink more than 1 beer per day, the statistics make it seem doubtful that German beer culture means that many Germans are drinking 720 liters of beer a year, as Irena says she does.

Latest posts

Back