Is it possible to buy large silicone rubber bands?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyager

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a rubber band that is 2 inches wide and easily stretchable to go around the lid of an 8 qt stainless steel pot? I am looking for something made of silicone. The only thing I have found that works so far is a latex resistance band for exercising.

I am looking to make a decent seal between a lid and a stainless steel pot so I can use the pot as a fermenter... similar to the Anvil Ferment in a Kettle product. The latex band works fine, but I'm super paranoid about latex allergies even though the beer will probably never come into contact with the band. See attached photo for what I am after. Grifiti sells something that almost works, but their bands are only 1" wide and don't quite work for this.

Attachments

• IMG_20171217_122831.jpg
    IMG_20171217_122831.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 175
what if you tried making your own gasket with high temp food grade silicone gasket maker? i would experiment with using a lubricant of some sort on the surface of the pot where the lid contacts it and then laying a bead of silicone on the lid, then mating them and letting it dry (or at least set). then you remove the lid and the silicone comes with it. i would experiment with your lubricant first on a small area. you could also just lay a nice bead in the lip of the lid, smooth it out with your finger or a scraper of some sort and let it dry.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9HCCFE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
check out oringsandmore.com

I don't know if they have what you're looking for, but they have a lot. You might be lucky.

Latest posts

Back