Is it Okay to look like this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3r3my

Reaction score
Been in the bucket for week, I want to leave it over the holidays in the primary but am concerned about the floaters.

LasVegas-20101208-00020.jpg

That looks fine to me. Is that dry hop particles? If so, all my dry hopped beers look like that when I use pellets to dry hop with.

I agree with all above, looks like pellet hope fragments and yeast.
Now, put the cover on and back slowly away from the beer. :D

I used hop pellets. I wont open it again, just had to peak :)

Its my first 5 gallon batch, first was in a mr beer. I could shine a flashlight on my mr beer to check in on it.

Off subject, any suggestions for a good next batch? I have another bucket ;)

That's exactly what mine looked like.

I did a SG test today because it only bubbled for one night. Beginning was 1.05 and tested 1.019 today. It tasted pretty bad tho. It tasted like beer but pretty watered down. I did have two boil overs because of distractions. :mad:

I'm thinking about dry hopping it if it doesn't get better.

Edit: Maybe it's just because it's flat.

If you are still working out your process, kits from the big HBS sites seem to get a big thumbs up around here. It doesn't sound very exciting, but people on HBT seem to really recommend them as a way to get good drinkable beers going until your process is ironed out.

Check out Austin Home Brew, their kits get rave reviews and are some of the most reasonably priced extract kits out there.

Back