Is exposure to all light bad for beer in fermention.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemanBrew

Reaction score
Basicly I would like to watch my beer in the glass fermenter remotely, and I could easily do it if the fermentor could be in room light. But it has to be in the dark right?

So I wonder is there a type of light that I could install in my closet that wouldn't spoil the beer in the fermenter? For example only red light?

Any wisdom to share?

So I wonder is there a type of light that I could install in my closet that wouldn't spoil the beer in the fermenter? For example only red light?

Blue, Green, and UV wavelengths are bad. So, red light maybe?

But why not just cover your fementer with an upside-down black trash bag?

You can lift the bag to take a peek. Room light isn't going to do any damage that quickly.
I'm away from home so much so that's why I was thinking about watching remotely. Like a beer live stream :).

When I'm home I can of course just take a look to the closet.

Maybe you could operate the room light remotely too, so it only comes on when you're looking at the beer.
Maybe. I'm thinking that I could just stream from my old phone, but operating light would be harder.

Back