Is brewsmith useful for extract brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trev12110

Reaction score
I see so many people talking about beersmith and I was wondering how useful it is for brewing with extract and specialty grains. Everyone i see posting about it seems to be brewing all-grain. So far I have been brewing recipes that I find on here and relying on suggestions from my LHBS, but I would like to start making my own recipes.

It is just as useful for recipe formulation. You enter the extract as your base and then pick your specialty grains and hops. You can adjust for color, ABV, etc. I would recommend it for any brewer. I think they have a free trail period, so you can find out for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

As a novice extract brewer I find it very helpful. One of the next things I'm going to try is some vintage English ale recipies that are only shown as all-grain. Beersmith has a quick and easy way to convert those recipies to extract. Can't wait to try that out.

Back