Is a bit of sanitizer fluid in the beer bad?.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adebutler

Reaction score
Just had the lid off my fermentor in the kitchen as i was cleaning my keg out, as i turned round my mrs moved the keg with tap open and some of the sanitizer fluid went straight in the beer! Is this bad? Was a good splash :(

Think ill have to keep her out the way when ever im doin my beer from now on, fuming!

Just had the lid off my fermentor in the kitchen as i was cleaning my keg out, as i turned round my mrs moved the keg with tap open and some of the sanitizer fluid went straight in the beer! Is this bad? Was a good splash :( im so p@€€ed off its un true, why the hell she couldnt wait for 2 seconds for me to put lid back on, turn tap off on the keg n move it ill never know! Stupid cow!

Think ill have to keep her out the way when ever im doin my beer from now on, fuming!
It's fine. Don't worry.

im so p@€€ed off its un true, why the hell she couldnt wait for 2 seconds for me to put lid back on, turn tap off on the keg n move it ill never know! Stupid cow!
Perhaps a week or two away from alcohol altogether is best for you. If you're having this kind of an anger response against your wife you may have other projects you need to devote some attention to right now.

Another thing, my beer kit said i need 1008 on my hydrometer, its reading about 1020, do i leave it another 2 days?

Shes not the wife shes my partner, not violent against her so dont get the wrong idea, just a little over reaction :)

Hopefully, you're talking about StarSan here. I wouldn't worry about some of that getting into my brew.

Some of the other stuff that a few folks report using to sanitize may be another story.

Back