Is a 48” stainless table wide enough for 3 sanke kettles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanj

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I build a nice wooden brew bench and have been using it in the garage for a couple years. I’m playing with the idea of moving everything into the laundry room since I have a 30amp service in there. With my washer and dryer pushed all the way up against the wall, I gave 59” to spare. Just 1” shy of a 60” table. :(

So can I fit everything on a 48” or should I piece a 30” and a 24” together? I’d prefer one table over two, but would also prefer to have all the room I can get.

You can stagger them put 2 vessels towards the front of the table and the middle vessel pushed back. Valve positions would be your main concern. I have 2 15 gallon kettles and a 20 set up this way at work and with those I have to deal with handles so they are wider than keggles.

As half-barrel sanke kegs are 16.5" diameter clearly stagger is the minimum requirement to fit on a 48" table.
And it should work, though I'd place the center keg forward of the other two...

Cheers!

I could squish my 3-vessel system together to fit on the 48" table with no valve issues... but my mash tun is bottom drain and on stilts

68788369_2464478316942753_3937812581762203648_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back