Iron deficiency/burning? Overwatering?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arose302

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just potted 4 varieties of hops and they are all kicking ass except this one. They all have the same soil mixtures, 1/2 high porosity 1/2 low porosity, continual release organic nitrogen food, iron supplement and a small amount of Ca Mg sprayed and diluted at 1ml/L of water. I water very sparingly. All of the other plants are growing quickly and are dark green and healthy looking....then there's this dude. Help me help them me make some life water! :mug:

Thanks again

Cascade 1.jpg

cascade 2.jpg

Cascade 3.jpg

It is tip burn from moisture and sun. You are probably enhancing the prob by mothering it.Back off a bit.

Could you take some closer pictures of the leaf margins? Did you take a soil test before making any additions?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

No I actually didn't take a soil test. I noticed yellowing and some burning a few days ago and researched it on the web. I found something that looked very similar to mine and someone had responded that it was iron deficiency, so I added a small amount of iron supplement. Then read they uptake a large amount of nitrogen so I bought a nitrogen supplement.

Here are the closest pics I can get before my camera goes blurry.

cascade 4.jpg

cascade 5.jpg

cascade 6.jpg

cascade 7.jpg

@Brewerelated, No I never found out. This guy in the pics is toast and my Mt. Hood started doing the same and stopped growing after taking off. Have added nothing to them, water once every 2-3 days.

Back