Ipa suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wranglerx16

Reaction score
Hi, I just made my first ipa a couple months ago it was a slightly tweaked lagunitas ipa clone. This is my fourth beer batch on top of a few wine kits. I like lagunitas ipa, stone , flying dog ipa those are amongst my favorite ipas. I'm looking to make something similar and am looking for suggestions...?
Thanks!!

I love the Ranger IPA and bought a kit from Austin Homebrew that I am about to do for my 2nd batch. It had very good reviews at the site, may be worth a look.

Cheers.

ericm007 said:
I love the Ranger IPA and bought a kit from Austin Homebrew that I am about to do for my 2nd batch. It had very good reviews at the site, may be worth a look.

Cheers.

I have had the ranger ipa, I actually have 1 left. It is good as well. Maybe just a tad bit to hoppy for me. Thanks for the input!

check the recipes section. I've done ed wort's ipa and it's good. get some brewing software and design your own. It's much more fun that way.

Hi, I just made my first ipa a couple months ago it was a slightly tweaked lagunitas ipa clone. This is my fourth beer batch on top of a few wine kits. I like lagunitas ipa, stone , flying dog ipa those are amongst my favorite ipas. I'm looking to make something similar and am looking for suggestions...?
Thanks!!

What kind of kits do you do? All grain? Extract?

Thanks I'll check out his site..

I've only done a few beers . Most were kits the last one I did was an extract kit I believe. I got it out of a magazine and they put it together for me at my local homebrew

I will suggest either a Bell's 2 hearted clone or like the above poster a PTE clone. Both are very nice "new to IPA" type beers.

My two favorites are Boulevard Double Wide and Bittersweet Lenny's RyePA. Pliny is very good too. I'm pretty sure clones exist for all three.

I also did a Three Floyds Alpha King clone as my 2nd ever brew and that was quite good.

We have a ton of good IPA recipes in the recipe database (above on the "tool bar" if you haven't already seen it). Any AG recipe can be converted to extract, so you can choose any one you want. Many of them already have extract recipes also in there.

I particularly like the Bell's Two Hearted clone, as well as the DFH 60 minute clone of mine. But there are lots of good ones in there!

Yooper said:
We have a ton of good IPA recipes in the recipe database (above on the "tool bar" if you haven't already seen it). Any AG recipe can be converted to extract, so you can choose any one you want. Many of them already have extract recipes also in there.

I particularly like the Bell's Two Hearted clone, as well as the DFH 60 minute clone of mine. But there are lots of good ones in there!

I forgot to look there. Thanks ya dfh is very good

Yooper said:

I made her dfh clone this past Monday. Started at 1.076 and was at 1.010 tonight still fermenting a little. Tastes hoppy and strong. Can't wait to dry hop it and get it carbonated

D_Nyholm said:
I made her dfh clone this past Monday. Started at 1.076 and was at 1.010 tonight still fermenting a little. Tastes hoppy and strong. Can't wait to dry hop it and get it carbonated

Ya I was looking at that one. There's a lot of different suggestions but the dfh is good

Latest posts

Back