IPA - my next batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekge

Reaction score
Since I'm bottling my stout this week I wanted to get the ingredients for my next batch: IPA.

I plan on using the Cooper's Can of IPA: http://www.makebeer.net/item.asp?idProduct=16&idCategory=104&idSubCategory=0

but tweaking it a little. Here is a recipe that seems good:

Looks like I need 3lbs. of LME, 2 lbs. of high malt extract (is this just dextrose) and he talks about throwing some hops in.

It would be awesome if you guys could give me some pointers as I will need to do more than just mix up 3 ingredients in a bucket. I'm looking to make a 7% IPA with the Coppers can as a base. BTW, I have a small brain so please give me thorough instructions.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to ditch the Cooper's IPA can and get a custom recipe. Demian @ Best Damn Home Brew Shop in San Diego was extremely helpful and wrote the extract recipe in an attempt to clone Racer 5. I just bottled it last night and a prelim taste test was awesome.

Latest posts

Back