iOS App to Find Breweries Along Route

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleD

Reaction score
Hey homebrew guys! As some of you have seen, I recently developed an Android app to find breweries along a route to plan trips, growler fills, lunch stops, etc..

I just released an iOS version for it, its free to download and there aren't ads or anything like that. Credit to my Dad for the idea! Feel free to provide feedback, I have been getting back into homebrewing, and hope to be active in the community!

Cheers!

Download here:
www.taprouteapp.com

Looks like it works really well - nice job! How can we let you know when a brewery is missing or a bar is mislabeled as a brewery? There is one instance of each in my city

Looks like it works really well - nice job! How can we let you know when a brewery is missing or a bar is mislabeled as a brewery? There is one instance of each in my city

Glad you like it @Amadeo38! We will be adding a feature to "report" a venue that is not a brewery as well as suggesting a missing brewery. These should be available in the next version release. Cheers!

I downloaded it cause I think it a very good initiative but there is not so much added value I'm sorry to write that.
I would be nice to really be able to plan things like pulling out the hours of operations or extra informations / filtering also like do they have a tap room or not. ..

I downloaded it cause I think it a very good initiative but there is not so much added value I'm sorry to write that.
I would be nice to really be able to plan things like pulling out the hours of operations or extra informations / filtering also like do they have a tap room or not. ..

All feedback (positive and negative) is welcomed. The core "value" this app is trying to provide is a better way to search for breweries. When planning a trip, it can be cumbersome to search along a route, or getting poor results when trying to search a larger area. By doing more refined searches along the proposed route, we are hoping to expose more breweries to travelers. This app is definitely not trying to go toe-to-toe with apps like google maps for getting venue info.

We would absolutely love to provide more information (hours, etc..), but these come at a premium cost for the API at this time and just not feasible. Maybe someday in the future we'll be able to roll out more of these features.

For the time being, we are focusing on refining this as a tool for "planning" trips, and finding breweries along the way. We are working on integrating a back end DB to allow adding visits at breweries, marking breweries as a "saved for later", and saving routes.

The feedback is appreciated, and as this is a tool for craft beer enthusiasts, we are always interested in ways to make this better for us!

I downloaded it...and I dig it!

Glad to hear! Let us know if there is anything you would like to see added!

I'm looking forward to using it when I travel....

That's exactly what this is designed for, hopefully it can help you fins some new breweries.

Downloaded it. Nice and simple. Adding it to my "beer folder" :)
I have the same comment as Amadeo38
Ill be watching for the next roll

Glad you like it. We are currently working on a "Suggest Missing Brewery" and "Report Brewery" feature...

All feedback (positive and negative) is welcomed. The core "value" this app is trying to provide is a better way to search for breweries. When planning a trip, it can be cumbersome to search along a route, or getting poor results when trying to search a larger area. By doing more refined searches along the proposed route, we are hoping to expose more breweries to travelers. This app is definitely not trying to go toe-to-toe with apps like google maps for getting venue info.

We would absolutely love to provide more information (hours, etc..), but these come at a premium cost for the API at this time and just not feasible. Maybe someday in the future we'll be able to roll out more of these features.

For the time being, we are focusing on refining this as a tool for "planning" trips, and finding breweries along the way. We are working on integrating a back end DB to allow adding visits at breweries, marking breweries as a "saved for later", and saving routes.

The feedback is appreciated, and as this is a tool for craft beer enthusiasts, we are always interested in ways to make this better for us!
I appreciate you taking time to answer.

I will continue to push in I hope a friendly and positive way.

I'm not an app developer (or even a developer) but :
I guess there is super powerful tools for trip planning.
There is good tools for reviews/feedbacks (you use Foursquare data here if I'm correct)
There is nice websites for breweries research like ie for Pennsylvania

I'm sure you can find a more valuable core "value" as you name it.

Once again please don't take it wrong I would not be able to do a third of what you do...

Back