Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am an over 65 brewer and have been brewing for 15 years. I call my self a Gonzo brewer. I used to have 6 taps but found that a bit stressful to keep up. We have a family farm and I try to keep us fortified with good beer. I have 4 taps; Blackberry Porter, Juniper Rye, Comal River beer and an Ausie Crystal ale. I keep a 5 year old cactus mead in a keg for speacial occasions. Gonzo because I brew by experience and touch. I try not to name my beers as I can rarely duplicate. My Blackberry Porter and Juniper Rye are the exceptions they are farm perineal favorites. I brew good drinkable beers.
That’s me, Bill

A warm welcome to HBT, Bill!

Sounds like a nice selection of beer! The Juniper Rye has me intrigued. Where do you get the Juniper berries?
Don't sweat the duplication effort, in (very) small batch brewing, as most homebrewers do, small variations can be relatively huge. Even trying to keep the ferm temps or ferm trajectory the same from batch to batch, is difficult. As long as you keep making good beer, mission accomplished.

I actually like the little surprises between repeated batches of the same beer. And I agree, it can be annoying not being able to recreate something you really dig.
Such as keeping more of the delicious (and prominent) pineapple flavor in that nearly finished Saison that seems to have faded out mostly by the time it's on tap, even only 3 days later.

Latest posts

Back