Interview for a job at a brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the support! I just finished with the Skype interview with the brewery founder. I think it went well. Won't know anything else for at least a week. I will be on pins and needles till then. 😨

Well, I just got the call from the founder of Left Hand Brewing in Longmont Colorado offering me a position on their team. Looks like I'll be trading my Florida flip flops for snow boots. 😆

Awesome. Welcome to Colorado. You will love the brewing community here.
And don't ditch the flip flops. It's gonna be in the mid to upper 80's this weekend.

Well, I just got the call from the founder of Left Hand Brewing in Longmont Colorado offering me a position on their team. Looks like I'll be trading my Florida flip flops for snow boots. ��

Awesome! As a coinky dink I had just finished watching this video, [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa5HmiUqQA8[/ame] right before I saw your post. I hope everything works out great for you in CO.

I don't FB, at all. Closed my account several year ago and never looked back. But, what confuses me is the "How" an employer can get this info. Unless you have you FB account set to be wide open.

Set FB to private and don't give an employer your password. I've read that some actually have the balls to ask for it. But there is no law saying they have a right to it.
First, congrats to the OP - that'll be an amazing opportunity (and the beer culture out there........)

As for the FB passwords, I've heard of companies bypassing the "give us your password" bit, by holding the interview in a conference room with the entire interview committee, and candidates were asked to log into their social media accounts, with the screen projected on the wall. Refusal to do so ended the interview.

...As for the FB passwords, I've heard of companies bypassing the "give us your password" bit, by holding the interview in a conference room with the entire interview committee, and candidates were asked to log into their social media accounts, with the screen projected on the wall. Refusal to do so ended the interview.

I wonder how they know if an applicant has a social media account?

Not sure I'd be willing to work for a company that asked me to do that.
Last company that asked me for that (retail), I told them what I post to my social media is none of his business, and my friends dont' associate me with my employer anyways.

Still got the job.

But then, it was retail, so I assume they had a slot to fill in a high-turnover environment.

As for the FB passwords, I've heard of companies bypassing the "give us your password" bit, by holding the interview in a conference room with the entire interview committee, and candidates were asked to log into their social media accounts, with the screen projected on the wall. Refusal to do so ended the interview.

I guess I'd be screwed, as I don't have a single social media account. No FB, no Twitter, Instagram, etc. Nada. They would probably think I'm lying, and boot me from the interview.

But if that was the deal-breaker I wouldn't want to work for someone like that anyway, so no loss.

Congratulations man. I used to live in Denver and have spent some time in Longmont. You're going to love it out there.

Cheers and good luck with the new gig and the move.

So, today is my last day of work in Orlando and I'll be heading west on Tuesday. I'm really excited for the future and what this move will mean for me and my family. Super excited about working on the brewery environment. It's gonna be a whole new experience. Thank you all for the good vibes and positive thoughts. I'll update this thread with some of my experiences up there! Cheers!

First, congrats to the OP - that'll be an amazing opportunity (and the beer culture out there........)

That`s why you set up a dummy "corporate" Facebook account.

So, today is my last day of work in Orlando and I'll be heading west on Tuesday. I'm really excited for the future and what this move will mean for me and my family. Super excited about working on the brewery environment. It's gonna be a whole new experience. Thank you all for the good vibes and positive thoughts. I'll update this thread with some of my experiences up there! Cheers!

Hope you brought your winter coat.

You are gonna get to see the 2 faces of Denver winters in your first week here. Sunny and 60s on Tuesday, snow and mid-20s on Thanksgiving. Welcome to Colorado.

That's awesome Joe! Tell me you've hit the new bosses up for ingredients. That would be my only interview question. "What's my hop allowance?"

They actually have a homebrew club at the brewery and they provide materials! Also, they just installed a 7bbl pilot system for experimentals and taproom only brews and eventually every department gets to brew with it.

They actually have a homebrew club at the brewery and they provide materials! Also, they just installed a 7bbl pilot system for experimentals and taproom only brews and eventually every department gets to brew with it.

I'm having uncharitable thoughts about you right now...

But seriously, not only did you escape Flatistan but you did it in style!

Best of luck.

Back