Intertap Faucet with Stout Adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinokath

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just installed one in the kegerator after taking the (financial) plunge and getting the nitro equipment. Been looking for reviews and videos but nothing I found showed what the results were like from the pour.

Nothing short of sheer awesomeness...

OQg6ZmV.gif

Just installed one in the kegerator after taking the (financial) plunge and getting the nitro equipment. Been looking for reviews and videos but nothing I found showed what the results were like from the pour.

Nothing short of sheer awesomeness...
Very cool! Like a psychedelic light show in your beer! :fro:

tripp3d_out%2BTumblr%2BBalls.gif

Sorry for waking the dead here... any issues with the faucet since you last updated that AWESOME gif?????

Nope! Two kegs in and all is well. It lets off about a tablespoon in dribble after thirty or so seconds after the last pour, but other than that, always ready to go, easy to clean and works like a champ. I have found about 35lbs of nitrogen with six feet of line, two feet of rise, 1.5vol CO2 and 40F keg temp is just about right for my setup.

Hey Dino,
So I pulled the trigger on the intertap stout spout but my results were nothing like yours. My head almost immediately dissipated. I carbed to 2 vols, using ten feet of beer line, 25 psi of beer gas (tried 30 psi too no change) any suggestion? I carbed with co2 it's only been on beergas for an hour. Any ideas?

So I was under the impression that nitrogen didn't get dissolved in the beer but it appears I'm wrong, the stout faucet is what knocks it out of solution. So I'll leave it hooked up for a week and see how it goes. Do you carb with co2 first and then let it sit on beer gas?

Here's my setup, for what it is worth:

40F fridge temp (I got stuff in there other than beer!)
5ft hose
1.5 vol CO2 carbed at 2psi for one week, shaken intermittently each day
35psi Nitrogen, sitting at pressure for a week or two before serving. Two is better.

Now, all that being said, looking at the time stamps on my pics of the install and subsequent pours, the faucet was installed on 7/7 and I have a video of the first pint being poured out of it on 7/9. It wasn't as pretty as the photo above but it was decent. The video above was shot on 7/23, two weeks later and the results are decidedly prettier but a little too foamy. That was pressurized at 40psi. Backed it down to 35 and it is a happier pour now.

My experience is that you need to discard (or drink) whatever is in the line first, especially if the beer has been sitting more than a day without a fresh pint being pulled. That little bit of uncarbed beer kills the entire pint and that beautiful cascade, in my experience.

My advice will mirror my setup:
- Shorten the hose (read this) I avoided ALL KINDS of problems by making different length hoses based on the volumes of CO2 in the beer I was serving. My experience has been 5ft is perfect for my setup and the nitro faucet
- Make sure you are adequately carbed
- Let it sit for at least a week under nitrogen. I think that is the primary issue. One hour is just a little too short BUT I did get a decent pour off mine in an hour. After two weeks, it was MUCH better, nay perfect!

Hope this helped a bit. Cheers!

Did you go with the flow control faucet? Worth the extra cost or think it would have been depending on your answer of the first question?

Thanks,
Jeff

So I was under the impression that nitrogen didn't get dissolved in the beer but it appears I'm wrong, the stout faucet is what knocks it out of solution. So I'll leave it hooked up for a week and see how it goes. Do you carb with co2 first and then let it sit on beer gas?

if you carb fully with co2 and then use the beer gas you will have a lot of excessive foaming issues (at least I did)... I used to do it that way and it was a total waste since the stout restrictor and high pressure knock the co2 out of the beer... now I just hit it with like 30 psi c02 when kegging to ensure the air is out and then put it on the beergas mix (75%nitrogen and 25% co2). after its been on the beergas for a few days its perfect (at least thats the way it seems to me) the nitro beers are not supposed to be carbonated any more than to preserve the beer.

Cool thanks fellas. I just took it off the gas and let it vent. I'll vent it a few more times to drop the carb level and then hook the gas back up. I'll keep ya posted along the way.

Back