Interior Dimensions of Frigidaire 7.2 cuft freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgjamrock

Reaction score
Hello all,
First post, but I've been checking out the chest freezer conversion posts for awhile.....not to mention the inspiration for learning more about ingredients and recipes for tasty brew.

I need to get a chest freezer and will at first be using it for a fermentation chamber. I'm in Chicago, and it's too hot during summer and too cold during winter to maintain ferm temp in my condo. I may eventually install a wood collar for taps to use it as a keezer.

My concern is that the 7.2 cuft Black Frigidaire I want (Model #: FFC0723GB) has too large of a compressor hump to fit two 6 1/2 gallon glass carboys. I made cardboard cutout circles the size of my carboys and checked a couple other 7 cuft models in my local Lowes and Home Depot and they work. But, I have not seen the black Frigidaire I want in person and it seems to have a larger compressor hump.

What are the dimensions of the interior to this model (floor space next to the hump)? Can I fit two 6 1/2 gallon carboys on the floor? I'll just go with the GE 7.0 cuft white freezer if I have to, because I know it fits.

Thanks so much everyone!

BG

I've been looking at these too. The Fridgidaire site has the dimensions: http://www.frigidaire.com/products/Kitchen/Freezers/FFC0723GB.aspx

I don't know how big your carboys are, but according to the manufacturer you've got 16 1/2" by 17 7/8" on the floor not including the hump. I kinda doubt your carboys would fit, since I'm sizing mine for the 7g. plastic buckets and two of those won't fit in the Fridgidaire either.

Two fermentors (6.5g buckets, 6g better bottles, 5g glass carboys) won't fit in the Frigidaire or Kenmore 7.2cf freezers on the lower floor. They will fit in the 8.8cf models however. I'm using an 8.8cf one for fermenting with 2 6.5g buckets on the floor and blow off jars & heater on the hump. All of the dimensions except for the length of the freezer are the same.

Back