Interested in mimicking drinkability profile of...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdagostino

Reaction score
Hobgoblin.
I just tried one of these last night and the body profile is very interesting. I drank it at room temp, and have yet to drink it cold, but it had a malty slightly heavier feeling when first going in and finished as if it just disappeared leaving suttle flavors.
So my question is how do i mimick this character in a beer. I was thinking possibly the dryness of the beer maybe? or is it just the balance in grain bill and hops?
I'm looking to brew something with a good kick in flavor, but that light finish to make it sessionable.

I don't remember hobgoblin cause it's been too long.

Ever brewed with brown sugar, molasses, Lyle's syrup, treacle, or candii sugar? Sometimes the unfermentables in those sugars leave interesting artifacts.

I don't remember hobgoblin cause it's been too long.

Ever brewed with brown sugar, molasses, Lyle's syrup, treacle, or candii sugar? Sometimes the unfermentables in those sugars leave interesting artifacts.

Someone on here use to have a clone on a website in their signature. Dont remember who it was, use to post on here a lot but haven't seen him in a while. Clone was really good.

Maybe someone with a better memory might chime in. If not I will try and search this weekend when I am on my computer

Back