Instructables Beer Brewing System Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny1211

Reaction score
I'm looking to go electric to be able to brew inside on cold winter days. I want to keep it straight forward and relatively cheap. I saw this build on Instructables.com. http://www.instructables.com/id/Electric-brewing-system/?ALLSTEPS

I know enough about electricity to feel comfortable building this after I study the pics and information more and, if possible, see a different wiring diagram than the one from instructables (the one on there is good, more for my piece of mind in making sure I am doing this correctly).

My questions are the following:

1) If someone has built this, would you be able to provide another wiring diagram that you used? I saw a single SSR/PID diagram on P-Js thread. Would I be able to use this for this build?

2) Can anybody provide any overall feedback on this system?

Thanks for your time.

I've got a 3 vessel eHERMS setup that uses one of PJs single Pid single 5500 watt element 30 amp diagrams. I like the added security of having to swap out the element power cord when switching from the HLT to the BK.

A simple selector switch for the operating element would have worked as well so I didn't have to pull the plug but I wanted to keep it simple and cheap

Back