Instapot with sous vide-brewing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB72

Reaction score
Brewing gallon batch in an Instapot with sous vide function. Holds temp pretty well but I'm not sure what function to use for the boil. I'm going to use Saute unless someone has a better idea. Sorry if this posted twice, I used the go back toggle and then didn't see the post. Kinda new to this and never tried the Instapot before for beer.

Brewing gallon batch in an Instapot with sous vide function. Holds temp pretty well but I'm not sure what function to use for the boil. I'm going to use Saute unless someone has a better idea. Sorry if this posted twice, I used the go back toggle and then didn't see the post. Kinda new to this and never tried the Instapot before for beer.
Never mind. Added malt and there was too much foam for the freeboard. Went to the stove for the boil in the largest pot I have. Achieved a nice rolling boil and added the Columbus hops and it smells terrific. So far, so good. However the sous vide function held the temp while steeping the grain right on 160 F, the setpoint, so that part works.

Back