Inline oxygen setup question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cino101

Reaction score
Have a 1/2npt oxygen stone that I was going to directly attach to a tee but after reading about cleaning issues and possible contamination, I want the stone to be removable post brew day. So I attached it to a female-female cam lock but I'm worried that it doesn't protrude into the direct flow of the beer. Any thoughts if this setup will still work as intended?

View attachment 1427679320572.jpg

View attachment 1427679332967.jpg

View attachment 1427679343319.jpg

View attachment 1427679365160.jpg

Have a 1/2npt oxygen stone that I was going to directly attach to a tee but after reading about cleaning issues and possible contamination, I want the stone to be removable post brew day. So I attached it to a female-female cam lock but I'm worried that it doesn't protrude into the direct flow of the beer. Any thoughts if this setup will still work as intended?

How did it work?

Im actually getting ready to do something similar and had the same concern, I have had mine directly installed but you are right the cleaning is an issue. Which is why im looking into a quick disconnect setup.. let me know how it worked for you.. otherwise ill probably try it soon.

I'm sure it'll work out, you're releasing O2 into the wort, it doesn't matter if the stone is in the direct path or not just that it's pushing O2 out.

Hi, Cleaning post-brew seems easy enough, but what is your method of sanitizing before flame out - do you recirc with the stone installed?

Back