Inkbird temp controller, which one is best for a keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A50SNAKE

Reaction score
hello all, I am looking for some help on picking a temp controller, for my yet to be built keezer...just looking to get all the parts that I know I will need, while I search for a good deal on a used freezer that will fit what I need.

I am curious, which one of these Inkbirds is the ideal one for a freezer --> keezer conversion?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B011296704/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01ASYNO00/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01AHS5LEY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

thanks,:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what the difference is between the first and second one. They look the same and so do their specs except that in the second one the model is listed as ITC-308s as opposed to ITC-308. I think the ITS-308s comes with the 12 inch long probe (like the one shown in the third link).

I would go with the first link that you listed for a keezer.

I don't know what the difference is between the first and second one. They look the same and so do their specs except that in the second one the model is listed as ITC-308s as opposed to ITC-308. I think the ITS-308s comes with the 12 inch long probe (like the one shown in the third link).

thanks for your reply laredo7mm.

I'm wondering if there is any benefit to the 12 inch long temp probe for a keezer...any thoughts?

thanks tracyk & day_trippr, you have both helped me decide....to order the one with the "smaller probe"...I pick up my "new to me" freezer tuesday....and yes, I am a bit of a quote addict....LOL

UPDATE:
sorry, one more question, link #1 and link #2 look almost identical, except #2 has what looks like an upgrade-able, removable temp sensor...I wonder if that is worth the extra few dollars? :S dang it! and here I thought I was all straightened away!... LOL

I would go with the first one too. I just got one a few weeks ago and it's been working great.

BTW, not sure if this will work with the Canadian Amazon site, but Inkbird has a few discount codes listed in their giveaway post. Worth a shot.

I have the first one, and just fired it up last night. Its working great. I have a second one Im planning on using for my fermentation chamber too.

thank you all...see, this is why I love this place...I was thinking along the lines of easier to replace if something happens...however...that same option, could potentially get unplugged by one of my three cats (or the wife, LOL) and then cause me an issue...great call everyone...option #1 it is...

and @nyks those codes didn't work on the canadian amazon site :( i did email them, and I messaged them on here as well...but I am ordering it today I think.

thanks again everyone.

thank you all...see, this is why I love this place...I was thinking along the lines of easier to replace if something happens...however...that same option, could potentially get unplugged by one of my three cats (or the wife, LOL) and then cause me an issue...great call everyone...option #1 it is...

and @nyks those codes didn't work on the canadian amazon site :( i did email them, and I messaged them on here as well...but I am ordering it today I think.

thanks again everyone.

Too bad on the codes. Even if you've already ordered, you could always ask them to credit the difference if they're ok with the codes.

I actually did that on my order because I forgot to use the code when checking out.

Too bad on the codes. Even if you've already ordered, you could always ask them to credit the difference if they're ok with the codes.

I actually did that on my order because I forgot to use the code when checking out.

well that is great info! just ordered! LOL, thanks again...:ban:

Functions are the same.

Back