InkBird Temp Controller Comparison?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonlovesbeer

BrandonLovesBeer
Reaction score

Attachments

• Inkbird ITC-306T.jpg
    Inkbird ITC-306T.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Inkbird ITC-1000.jpg
    Inkbird ITC-1000.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Another difference is the ITC1000 isn't wired. You need to do that yourself. Check out the ITC308. Better option and it comes prewired. It is more expensive but after you buy the items for the ITC1000 you will be close in cost. I actually have both but use the ITC308.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011296704/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

As stated I would use the ITC-308 as it is only $6 more(ITC-306) and you have the dual controls for your Frigidaire IF you want to use it as a fermentation chamber at a later date.

The ITC-1000 is GREAT when building a keezer so you can hard wire it into the collar. You could get a project box and wire it yourself but as stated by brew703, it would cost more than the $6 difference.

ITC-1000 Controller.jpg

Hope this helps

:cool:

I'm looking at 2 different Temperature controllers that I found on Amazon through recommendation.
I cannot really find a good description of the differences between these two. Even in the Amazon descriptions of the products.

Inkbird: ITC-306T
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015FKG4CC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Inkbird: ITC-1000
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OXPE8U6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
I have both, kind of, the 306 is basically a plug and play item. To fully utilize its features you need a cooling source and a heat source (150 w light bulb). I use it in a kegerator where I ferment my beer and I need to heat and cool.
Instead of the 1000 I bought
(bayite AC 110V Fahrenheit Digital Temperature Controller 10A 1 Relay with Sensor)
The reason was it had a 9 ft lead on the probe. It only controls one function and I use in my chest freezer, used as kegerator, where I only need to cool my kegs. It needs to be placed in a box or some other fixture and wired up same as the 1000 would be.

I know this seems like a question with an obvious answer, but what do you mean by “Pre-Wired”?

Can someone post a picture of all of the wires on each device?

Thanks

I know this seems like a question with an obvious answer, but what do you mean by “Pre-Wired”?

Can someone post a picture of all of the wires on each device?

Thanks

I've been having issues posting pictures lately, but the 306 or 308 models have the power cord, the outlet for what's being controlled, and the temp sensor factory connected to the controller already. You can kind of see the leads coming out the bottom of the unit already in the Amazon link you posted.

The 1000 does not have any factory wiring completed outside of the controller. There is a terminal strip on the back, and you need to provide it power, wire on the sensor, and wire up an outlet you provide for the items your controlling. There are wiring diagrams all over the Google machine to help. If your not familiar doing any wiring, I would suggest the 306. You can't see electricity before it bites you or let's out the magic smoke.

The 306/308/310 units are literally plug and play like a lamp timer. The ITC requires you to build it into a box with input and output plugs and all that. In other words, it's a project that will likely cost you more time and materials than the price difference you're seeing.

I will be building a little box to enclose all these wires and stuff but for now its just hanging out in there =D but this is how you wire the 1000
Wiring_Diagram.jpg
IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

Back