Inkbird set button does nothing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dendron8

Reaction score
When I held the set button down for three seconds as per instructions, nothing happened. It didn't seem to matter if it was heating, cooling, blinking or normal.

The manual also said I should see the "set indicator" light come on, but I don't even know where that is.. ?

View attachment 1494718541599.jpg

As a side note, it seems to be working. It kicks the freezer on when the ambient goes above the target.. It's just that I couldn't adjust the target :-\

Might take longer than 3 seconds. Hold the set down until the light starts flashing and then use the arrows up and down. Hold the set again to make it hold the set point.

Thanks for the reply. I held it down for at least 10 or 12 seconds and still nothing. I've got to be doing something wrong.

I have the same controller. The set button works as advertised on mine. I don't really count off 3 seconds, but every time I've held it down for a bit it allows me to adjust the target temperature. Does your set button have a slight clickyness to it when you depress it? Perhaps the button itself is faulty.

Well, I took the inkbird to my LHBS and when they plugged it in the set button worked. I brought it home and it worked. Not sure what I was doing but seems to be ok now. :-\ #whoknows

Back