Inkbird Probe Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masonpi

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought an Inkbird temperature controller for a fridge that I plan on using as a part-time fermentation chamber.
In most of the setups I've seen, people put the probe line through a hole that's been drilled into the fridge. I'd like to avoid altering the fridge--to that end, I was planning on just running the probe line between the door seal and the fridge.
Has anyone had any problems with this causing larger-than-wanted temperature fluctuations, or would such a small gap generally be ok?
Thanks!

Works fine for my fermentation fridge. There's no evidence of leaking cold air. I run the probe cord and the Fermwrap cord through.

I always just cool. My room temperature where my chamber is, is always too warm for fermenting the styles that I do. I just run the probe wire through the lid (in my case = chest freezer).

No issues whatsoever! I’ve even got the heater cord via the same method, as my fridge is a temporary fermentation “chamber”.
Hoping to upgrade to a used chest freezer, so I can fits couple of fermenting buckets in, so don’t want to damage, but may have to postpone as Mrs just sanctioned purchase of Klarstein (Ace) Mundschenk XXL 50l which arrives tomorrow. Not that I’m giddy or anything!
IMG_0055.jpg

Back