Inkbird ITC-310T $27.5 gets you wired, 2 stage temp controller with timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had trouble setting the correct time on this unit? Every time I try to change a time setting (day, hour or min) by pressing the up or down key the unit cancels out of the setting mode and displays the pv and sv temperatures.

After setting the time, press SET to cycle through the time, day, etc. Then hold SET again to save the info.
Hope it helps

If there is still a discount, let me know how. :)

I think you can still get a 30% discount - just email the OP. I decided to get the 308 model instead, which with a 30% discount on the 310, both models cost about the same amount on Amazon (38 bucks). I don't see the added features of the 310 doing anything for me and I got a little concerned with some of the reviews I read about it compared to the 308 which are solid.

Thanks for your questions. The biggest difference is ITC-310T is with timer function. It is designed according to different temperature in different time when the brewers make the beer. Day/Night feature means that you can set day temperature and night temperature. It will be auto turned on/off according to the time you set in 24 hours.

Meanwhile, you can also set 6 times temperature values in 6 period time.

Con: both of them have the same features for the temperature controlling.

I appreciate your reply. Can someone help me understand why one would want to set a different temperature during the day versus the night? It seems to me that for brewing (and I admit that I'm a newbie) one would just want to set it and forget without any concern with whether it is in the day or at night.

I appreciate your reply. Can someone help me understand why one would want to set a different temperature during the day versus the night? It seems to me that for brewing (and I admit that I'm a newbie) one would just want to set it and forget without any concern with whether it is in the day or at night.

Day and night feature is specially designed for home heating system, hatching, pet, plant and other special function. Homebrewing may be needed for several periods of time. So we design 6 choices settings for time.

After setting the time, press SET to cycle through the time, day, etc. Then hold SET again to save the info.
Hope it helps

Thanks for the reply, but the unit will not let me set the time, if I try to change the day by using the up or down button it jumps out of the set mode.

I can set all the other parameters and save them, but not the time. I'm not convinced you actually need to have the correct time on the unit for it to function.

Just received mine this week but haven't had the chance to plug it in! I am going to make a lager in a few weeks and will put this to use then!

Thanks for the promo!

Thanks for the reply, but the unit will not let me set the time, if I try to change the day by using the up or down button it jumps out of the set mode.

I can set all the other parameters and save them, but not the time. I'm not convinced you actually need to have the correct time on the unit for it to function.

Could you give us more details about how you set it? If possible, could you explain each step you set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back