Inkbird itc-308 Alarm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkyP

Reaction score
Building a fermenatation chamber at the moment, Im considering getting the Inkbird itc-308 but theres one thing I read online which I dont like the sound of…

“When your temps get out of range the unit just sounds an alarm and shuts off. You have to adjust the temp parameters again in order to raise or lower the temperature to the range you are needing”

Does this mean if it gets too high or low an alarm will sound and will then shut down leaving the temperature uncontrolled, If im out of the house and this happens the fermentation temp could get too high and ruin my beer.

Would the temp only go out of range and sound an alarm if there was some sort of failure of the heating or cooling devices.

I cant find any info about this has anyone got any experience with this.

Any info be great

I have a ITC308S ordered from Amazon. It is being used to control the pump on a small Micromatic GBC75 glycol chiller, which in turns chills a Brewers Hardware 15GAl Jacketed conical fermenter. I have had it in use for only 11 days now. I have to say it gives me total peace of mind when brew shed temps top 95*-100*.

The temp controller will never shut off as long as its power source is still on. My setting are as follows
set temp 70*
cooling differential 1*
Heating differential 10*
alarm high 75*
alarm low 63*

What this means is that a 71* the pump come on. Then goes off when temp falls to back to 70* but because the glycol is still cold in the jacket it continues to cool down until the coolant warms to around 67.9*-68.2* depending on air temp in shed. If the temp hit the alarm set points high or low an audible alarm will sound and the display will flash. (Have not had this happen without playing with setting) No power turns off because the alarm turned on. Also if I had a way to heat my conical at the moment then at 60* (Heating differential 10*) the heating outlet would power up until it warmed to 70*

Hope this helps
Paul and Chancy
Hydro Biscuit Brewshed

I have one of these and the alarm was set at 10 degrees differential. I have an Air Conditioner Glycol chiller for my 2 chamber fermentation box. The fuse on the STC-1000+ blew and the temp on the chamber being controlled by the ITC-308 was 80.6 degrees. The alarm sounded and the controller stayed on. Once I replaced the STC-1000+ with another ITC-308, the glycol temp started to come down, and so did the chamber temps. Once the temps were within the 10 degree threshold (chamber temp was set to 68), the alarm silenced and the temp continued to drop. Been working great ever since. I am in the process of replacing all of my STC-1000+ controllers with the ITC-308.

The Inkbird never shut off and worked as I would have expected. I am very happy with it.

Latest posts

Back