[Initial Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a mill to all involve making this possible.You guys :rockin:
Got my Pi this morning.
This is what I have at the moment :)

tap.jpg

Not to sound ungrateful as I think this project is an amazing contribution to the homebrew community, but is there any word on when V2 could be coming out or on how the flowmeter situation is looking. Again, thank you for sharing this. I am just really excited for more and completely un capable of doing any of this without you guys. (I have literally 0 programming skills, but managed to follow the directions and got my list displayed)

Thanks

I've got all my parts ordered and they will show up tomorrow. Can't wait to get this up and running.

I finally got around to getting this going on my Pi. All went well and it's running just fine. Kinda overkill for my 2 tap kegerator, but since I already had a Pi it was more of a curiosity thing.

Now there's more reason to build a keezer :)

Not to sound ungrateful as I think this project is an amazing contribution to the homebrew community, but is there any word on when V2 could be coming out or on how the flowmeter situation is looking. Again, thank you for sharing this. I am just really excited for more and completely un capable of doing any of this without you guys. (I have literally 0 programming skills, but managed to follow the directions and got my list displayed)

Thanks

We don't have a set date for V2 at this point. While flow monitoring will be the big user-facing feature, we're also making a lot of changes to the way RPints is written. We're working hard to make sure it's easy for additional features to be added in.

There is still a lot of work to be done, but we're sticking with it. As we're developing this project in the open, you can expect some fun progress updates when we have more to show.

We don't have a set date for V2 at this point. While flow monitoring will be the big user-facing feature, we're also making a lot of changes to the way RPints is written. We're working hard to make sure it's easy for additional features to be added in.

There is still a lot of work to be done, but we're sticking with it. As we're developing this project in the open, you can expect some fun progress updates when we have more to show.

Thank you for your honesty and thank you for all the hard work on this. I appreciate both and look forward to the future of this project.

It should work.

I'm running it on a CentOS server and it works ok there.

Have SWMBO check /var/log/apache or /var/log/httpd.

I'm running mine on lighttpd, so it certainly works in other environments.

Also, make sure she's checking the php.ini for the web server and not the CLI. She can try "locate php.ini" to find other versions.

She could also enable error logging in the php.ini and see if something shows up there.

She's still working on it, determined to make it work. Her and I are preparing for a party this Saturday so in the meantime, I just loaded the program onto the Pi that I had. Works just like it's supposed to.

I don't remember who said it but someone said "don't work on this project when your brain is tired" I was having problems with my display screen. The 4 taps were indeed there but I could only see 3 1/2. I figured my resolution wasn't correct. After an hour of screwing with it, SWMBO comes in and says "Damn, you MUST be tired" and proceeds to open chromium and simply "Zooms out" a bit. D'oh!.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Another cool RPi keg system

Smart KegeratorV1

[ame]http://youtu.be/9UmkgNAIu60[/ame]

Another cool RPi keg system

Smart KegeratorV1

How cool is that, right? He's using some of the cheap adafruit flow sensors. While we are going to recommend the SF800 for ours, the cheaper flow sensors should work just the same.

How cool is that, right? He's using some of the cheap adafruit flow sensors. While we are going to recommend the SF800 for ours, the cheaper flow sensors should work just the same.

LOL I'll start saving now. Those cost more than kegs! Probably worth it though.

Is anyone else having issues hooking up their RaspberryPi to their WiFi with out broadcasting the SSID. I don't broadcast my SSID for security reasons, but when I enter all the information for the WiFi configuration, it just sits there saying "scanning: and never connects. I know it's not my router because all of my other computers and phone's can connect to my network fine this way. I'm using the WiFi adapter that is suggested in the parts list, and I know it's not an issue with the adapter because when I do broadcast the SSID, the RaspberryPi can see the network and connect fine to it. Does anyone know how to make this work without broadcasting the SSID. Thanks.

Is anyone else having issues hooking up their RaspberryPi to their WiFi with out broadcasting the SSID. I don't broadcast my SSID for security reasons, but when I enter all the information for the WiFi configuration, it just sits there saying "scanning: and never connects. I know it's not my router because all of my other computers and phone's can connect to my network fine this way. I'm using the WiFi adapter that is suggested in the parts list, and I know it's not an issue with the adapter because when I do broadcast the SSID, the RaspberryPi can see the network and connect fine to it. Does anyone know how to make this work without broadcasting the SSID. Thanks.

While it's not the answer you're looking for, not broadcasting your SSID does nothing for security. Making sure WPA2 is turned on is the single biggest thing you can do to stay secure. Aside from that, make sure you have your SSID typed in correctly, including upper and lower case. I've had issues before where case mattered on some routers while it didn't on others.

Is anyone else having issues hooking up their RaspberryPi to their WiFi with out broadcasting the SSID. I don't broadcast my SSID for security reasons, but when I enter all the information for the WiFi configuration, it just sits there saying "scanning: and never connects.
You wouldn't be trying to do this with a Uverse router would you? I had a problem with the Uverse router not liking the RPi wifi (or any other wifi connected to the RPi for that matter). I tried everything and nothing worked. I ended up buying another router to connect as an access point and it connected immediately. I spent hours and hours trying to get it to connect. In hindsight, I should have bought the other router much sooner and avoided the frustrations.

I can't login into the admin page. No matter what I try it just keeps saying "Wrong Username Or Password". I've look at what some other people have done, but it doesn't work for me. Also when I try to do localhost/phpMyAdmin I just get a Not Found page. Can anyone help. Thanks.

I'm not sure if anyone is still having the issue with refresh or not but I found a work around that I think does a good job. I was mildly annoyed that I had to hit refresh every time I changed something and wanted it to just push the changes out but alas there is no option for this.

Instead I installed Easy Auto Refresh, a Chrome extension, and let it do the work. Simply set the time interval in seconds and it remembers what page to auto refresh on until you hit the stop button. The refresh is barely noticeable in full screen mode unless of course you have changed something. But now I don't have to keep my keyboard plugged in all the time. (Because removing it and plugging it back in was crashing and rebooting the RPi, not the refresh I was looking for!)

Here's a photo of the interface:ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394673825.596248.jpg

There is another auto refresh app (the top rated one) in the Extension store, but it wouldn't work on my version on Chrome?

Thanks to the entire team for an amazing job well done!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I got everything setup, but for some reason when chromium opens its not opening in full screen mode. I have the line @chromium –start-fullscreen localhost but it doesn't seem to be opening in full screen mode.

I think full screen doesn't work but replace that word with kiosk and it does. It just won't allow you to F11 back to the normal window.

LOL I'll start saving now. Those cost more than kegs! Probably worth it though.

Every once in a while you'll find them new on ebay. The problem with the cheaper ones is that they're not certified food safe.

Well, I started from scratch, and I can login into the admin panel now :ban: I don't know what I did differently, but I'm glad I can get into it now.

Thanks.

I think full screen doesn't work but replace that word with kiosk and it does. It just won't allow you to F11 back to the normal window.

That worked. Thanks.

Not sure if this has already been covered, but is there a way to access your RaspberryPints from any network. My envision is that my friends could access it from their home to see what's on tap.

Yes you could setup your router to point to your RPi and then get a domain and set it to point to your public IP address. Depending on who your provider is you may have to use noip due to frequent public ip changes.

Well, I started from scratch, and I can login into the admin panel now :ban: I don't know what I did differently, but I'm glad I can get into it now.

Thanks.

I had the exact same issue. In the end it was no big deal but unless you are comfortable with a Linux command line interface, I suggest you print out the instructions from Raspberry Pi and literally check off each step after success.

For some reason mine continues to blank the screen after 15 minutes and show the mouse. I have the 4 lines of code in autostart.

Anyway to hide the admin panel so people that want to put it on a website won't have that show up to the public?

Anyway to hide the admin panel so people that want to put it on a website won't have that show up to the public?

I've seen my login screen show up instead of the list sometimes but they would have to enter a username and password of course to get in.

I just tell people to click on the text that says "RaspberryPints Login" and it will redirect them to the list.

So I know the pint glass images are the ABV Images, but how exactly do they represent the ABV? For example some of the images are just one pint glass that's half full and some of the others have two pint glasses showing one and a half full.

I'm guessing that it has to do with the average drink to be calculated at having the same effect as a 5% pint, 13% glass of wine, or 80 proof shot. So a 10% beer would be 2 drinks worth. Just my opinion...

I thought the glasses together showed the relative caloric content of a recipe, while the ABV is simply listed in text form alone...

Cheers!

I thought the glasses together showed the relative caloric content of a recipe, while the ABV is simply listed in text form alone...

Cheers!

This may (barely) refute that...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394847392.560839.jpg

The glass that's more full has higher ABV but less calories.

Well seeing how it's pretty obvious that the one with higher ABV is taller I would say that it's probably correct, though I will reserve my judgement until Thadius chimes in....

Latest posts

Back