Inherited Parts from roommate looking for help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyDC

Reaction score
All,
I've inherited the following parts from my roommate (who has now left). He had dreams of making seltzer water at home and now I'm looking to complete those dreams. Here is what I have

- 1 carbonator [from research online it looks like the mccann carbonator]
- 1 5 lb tank of CO2 full (still with plastic cap on)
- 1 wunderbar soda gun with 10 buttons some of which are missing the caps but all of which function
- 1 cold plate with four connections
- 1 mini fridge unmodified

I think the following steps are required but I'm not 100% sure where to get all the parts
1) modify the fridge to allow a waterline & CO2 line to come in from the motor part of the carbonator
2) figure out how to tap into the water line in my house to run to the carbonator [HELP] ... can I get everything at Home Depot for this?
3) figure out how to buy a regulator and how to get CO2 fittings into the carbonator [HELP] ... can I get everything at Home Depot for this?
4) figure out what size tubing will allow for cold water and carbonated water to get from the carbonator and from the cold plate to the soda gun manifold
5) figure out how to split the water line before the carbonator to run one water line to the cold plate and one water line to the carbonator [this must exist at home depot]
6) figure out what fittings go onto the output of the carbonator before it goes to the soda gunView media item 70790View media item 70791

Latest posts

Back