Infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrewHouse

Reaction score
Long story short. 10 gallon batch of boch, split between 2 carboys. One is still fermenting hard after 11 days. The other stopped 6 days ago. This was a extract brew nothing crazy. OG was spot on. Haven't taken and readings lately. Is it typical that one can go much longer than the other. I did under pitch so they started late.

Yes it is typical, there are numerous factors that affect fermentation, some of which are out of our control. Also if you are using the airlock as an indication of fermentation, please stop. For a bock I would wait 3 weeks then take a gravity reading, take another in 3 days to see if it's still moving. If it is wait another week and so on.

Using blow off hoses. Plan on letting it finish fermenting. Just for good measure have a diacetyl rest. Then lager for 8 weeks at least. I went into this one prepared to be patient. Thanks for the insight just got a little nervous.

Back