Infection in m Double IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riddell999

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my second batch, week 3 (first week in secondary).

Does this look infected? If so, do you have any suggestion as to what it might be and/or how I might have infected it? I thought I was extremely careful about sanitation (much more so than with my first beer, which is not infected). Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

WP_20130401_001.jpg

WP_20130401_002.jpg

WP_20130401_003.jpg

That does not look like an infection. It looks like yeast rafts, and or coagulated proteins, So don't worry... Almost all of my fermentations have them towards the end.

Whew. That's good to know. I'm extremely excited about trying this beer!

Thanks, and cheers! :mug:

Nope, get super close to the carboy and look more carefully. I can almost guarantee those are just tiny streams of bubbles coming up from the bottom.

Thanks for helping to allay my fears, y'all. I'm really excited about this beer, now.

Also, thanks to everyone on this website. I am a faithful reader, already, and I've learned an immense amount about brewing in a short period of time. I already can't wait to move to all-grain (as my wallet allows), and I look forward to the day when I know enough that I might actually be able to post something helpful/meaningful on here! :D

I already can't wait to move to all-grain (as my wallet allows)

Look into BIAB brewing, you can go all-grain for pretty cheap. I'm doing all-grain batches using what I used from my partial mash/extract days with only the investment of a new $6 large grain bag. Much more fun, more styles available and I think my beer is tasting quite a bit better.

Back