Infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegades_Brew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I just want to be sure that this is only the early stages of a lacto infection. Or it this the early stages of something completely different and should I be concerned?

image-1660504860.jpg

I have to admit that that doesn't look great. But it is hard to tell from the photo. What is the story behind this brew? Any reason to think you've got a Lacto infection?

Yeast was Wyeast-Belgian Lambic Blend 3278

Which is why I am hoping it is a Brett strain, a lacto strain, or a pedio strain as those are the ones in the yeast blend.

This beer was supposed to have another 10 months in the primary. This has only appeared after 2 months already in there. The air lock has not been dry or carboy opened for any other reason

Renegades_Brew said:
Yeast was Wyeast-Belgian Lambic Blend 3278

Which is why I am hoping it is a Brett strain, a lacto strain, or a pedio strain as those are the ones in the yeast blend.

This beer was supposed to have another 10 months in the primary. This has only appeared after 2 months already in there. The air lock has not been dry or carboy opened for any other reason

Well then,...you purposely "infected" the beer...everything looks fine in that case...you can expect it to get funkier looking still - probably will get a nice film/pellicle form in top and maybe some big, viscous bubbles.

Not really sure what you are worried about. You've got an infected beer just like you planned.

Latest posts

Back