Infected? Or Other?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMasta

Reaction score
Hello, this is my Belgian Wheat IPA a few days after being transferred to secondary. As you can see there is quite a bit of off gassing going on, but what really concerns me more is the rusty looking foam that has appeared at the top of the carboy where the co2 is off gassing. I'm hoping this is not the signs of a potential infection...if so it would be my first. If anyone has any insight, suggestions, opinions, or experience with this please feel free to post. Thank you

image-1779950668.jpg

That's what I'm hoping. I generally never see anything at the top of the carboy after transfer. I have had some off gassing in the past but never this aggressive, it must be that crazy Belgian dry yeast T-58.

Looks like a bit of krausen to me,so it's off gassing or finishing up after the transfer. Was it at FG when you racked it?

Yes, it was ready for transfer....I'm thinking maybe the the increase in temps. In my fermentation room might have caused it to offgas, but yes it does look a bit like Krausen doesn't it. It is a high gravity beer at about 7.5% ABV.

Latest posts

Back