India Blonde Ale & Belgian Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarson83

Reaction score
I had two recipes last time I went to the LHBS. A Two Hearted Clone that I've done before and turned out excellent and a Belgian Blonde (SWMBO Slayer). I always have them crush the grains and put them in a single bag that they mark with a sharpie for each recipe. Well this time I think they got it mixed up. I have no definitive proof so I can't really complain to them and the store will remain unnamed but I do have several things that are a little off. My gravities were off for both beers, but not enough to notice at the time since they were close to begin with. The color is way off for the Belgian Blonde and a little too light for the Two Hearted. My pallet isn't trained that well to notice the specific malts but the Two Hearted has almost no malt character at all. This is pretty typical of the beer to be mostly hops and little malt but its ALL hops.

Also while I was in there on that trip one of the guys tried to substitute 1/2 lb of Crystal 20 with 1/2lb of Special B! He misread the Crystal 20 as 120 because of my l. They didn't have 120 so he went with special B. That would have been really bad.

So now I have a seriously hopped up wheat (60 IBU) and a under hopped pale ale fermented with a belgian wit yeast.

Or I guess it could just be me.:D

Latest posts

Back