Increase gravity/abv in ne ipa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dendron8

Reaction score
So the background is I tried whirlpooling and it didn't quite work.. I ended up leaving more wort in the kettle than I wanted and my og was 8 points off (target 1.060, actual 1.052)

I want to bring that up to target. I know I need about 1lb of dme, but I'm worried about giving it too much body since it's a ne ipa.

Should I:

Add 1lb dme
Add 1/2lb dme and 1/2lb dextrose
Add 1lb dextrose
Something else?

Thanks

Might be a stupid question but do you have to get up to 1.060? Why not just leave it where it's at? I get worried adding something would change the beer. I know dextrose supposedly won't change it but that's just me.

I guess if you had to add something, i would go with the dextrose.

Might be a stupid question but do you have to get up to 1.060? Why not just leave it where it's at? I get worried adding something would change the beer. I know dextrose supposedly won't change it but that's just me.

I guess if you had to add something, i would go with the dextrose.

Not a stupid question :)

I don't HAVE to, no. I want to because I want a higher abv and the recipe calls for it.

I boiled 8oz dme and 8oz dextrose today. When it's cool I will add to fermenter.

Back