In Need of a Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon3

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new recipe for a batch I'd like to make this weekend. It's summertime here finally, so I'm thinking something low ABV and relatively light. I've got a vial of WLP007 that I need to get rid of.
Currently on tap I've got a BoPils and a HopBurst IPA (Chinook, Amarillo, Citra, Centennial).

Hops I've got in stock:
Cascade (1 lb)
Citra (8 oz)
Simcoe (8oz)
Centennial (4oz)
Amarillo (4oz)
Saaz (4 oz)
East Kent Goldings (6 oz)

Any suggestions? General style recommendation or specific recipe gladly accepted.
Thanks

Cream of 3 crops is always popular around hear in the sunshine months. Dry hop with fresh berries for the ultimate lady killer

I don't have a recipe, but with WLP007 and EKG hops, maybe an ordinary bitter?

I would suggest a honey wheat or honey blonde, but I've not used the hops you have. Even a cream ale.

How about a pale? Or a special bitter.

A lot of things coming to mind want a different yeast. I'm not sure i'd use that yeast with a bitters. It'll end up dry and thin. Maybe something real simple, like 90% 2row, 5% flaked barley or wheat, and 5% light crystal. shoot for 1.045. Then just a nice big flameout hop addition only...5 g/gal each of Citra, cascade, simcoe, amarillo. Let them sit on the hot wort for 30 minutes, then cool.
Mmmmm. I might have to do something like that myself.

Lots of options... have fun!

Thanks for all the ideas- I may be giving the HopHands a try....looks delicious

Cream of three crops is really popular here too. I've never tried any fruit in it though. It's really popular among bmc types, but still has enough flavor for us non-muggle homebrew types.

Back