In Line Wort Oxygenation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_P69

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm just about to hit the pay button on some 1" Tri Clover compatible fittings from Brewer's Hardware & I'm a little confused about their product description in relation to their sizing chart.
As an example, this 1" butterfly valve...https://www.brewershardware.com/1-Tri-Clover-Butterfly-Valve.html
At the bottom in related products, it list a 1"/1.5" tri clamp that I assume I will need to make the connections but in this sizing chart.....https://www.brewershardware.com/how_to_use_tri_clover_fittings.html
the flange is basically 2" so am I to order 1"/1.5" clamps & gaskets for the 1" fittings or do I purchase 2" clamps to clamp the outside flange.
It's probably a dumb question but it's a costly mistake ordering several hundred dollars worth of fittings if I get it wrong. I emailed them last night but still waiting for a reply.
Cheers

if your getting 1' or 1.5" fittings get the 1/1.5 clamps the measurement you were looking at was probably the overall diameter of the clamp but that is the clamp needed to connect a 1" or a 1.5" fitting. both the 1" and 1.5" diameter TC parts all use the same size clamps

Thanks for the clarification. Now to make up my mind on 1" or 1.5" fittings. On the Brewer's Hardware filter testing page where they test their trub filter, does anyone know what size the butterfly valve & elbow looks like on their kettles, 1" fittings or 1.5". What is the most popular size you guys use on your mash tun & kettles?

What are you using them for? Most people don't go bigger than 1/2". The stout tanks kettles are 3/4" I believe. Not sure what the ones on Brewers hardware are though.

What are you using them for? Most people don't go bigger than 1/2". The stout tanks kettles are 3/4" I believe. Not sure what the ones on Brewers hardware are though.

1/2" is a lot more expensive than 1" or 1.5".
I'm setting up an in-line wort oxygenator & getting rid of all threaded fittings on my system. Curtis from BH sent me an email & it seems the most popular size is now 1" stating that 1.5" is a bit too big for a home brew setup so I'll order the 1".
Cheers

All my Tri clover stuff is 1.5" thats what all my conicals came with and I believe thats the norm..

The 1" & 1.5" fitting use the same clamp so that's pretty convenient.
I realize that the only difference is the internal diameter of the pipe with obviously a larger opening with the 1.5"
In saying that, is the outside diameter of a 1.5" 90deg elbow the same as the 1". I'm thinking of future upgrades & am torn between the two sizes. If the 1.5" outside diameter is quite a bit bigger than the 1", I'll go the smaller diameter pipe.

Back