In Germany for 2 more days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speeddemon190

Reaction score
OK ladies and gents, I need some advice from the German natives on the site. I'm currently visiting family and want to visit a good bar with different beer selections. I'm looking for something other than hefeweizens and dunkelweizens (I've been here for 5 days already and have drank a lot of both). I'm staying in lutzelhausen which from my travels so far is about 5km from gelnhausen and about 30 min from Frankfurt. Anybody on the site have any good places for drinks that is somewhat close??

OK ladies and gents, I need some advice from the German natives on the site. I'm currently visiting family and want to visit a good bar with different beer selections. I'm looking for something other than hefeweizens and dunkelweizens (I've been here for 5 days already and have drank a lot of both). I'm staying in lutzelhausen which from my travels so far is about 5km from gelnhausen and about 30 min from Frankfurt. Anybody on the site have any good places for drinks that is somewhat close??

I haven't been there in a long time, but I love walking around Sachsenhausen- very near Frankfurt. Mostly, at the gasthauses I found the typical pilsner, export, and weizens but generally good. Sachsenhausen has cobble stone streets, and it's fun to walk around and have a few beers and dinner.

If I were you, I'd hop on a train and go to Karlsruhe. It's probably less than an hour ride. There is a really awesome brewpub there that makes the best bier in the world! I promise you, you won't regret it.

"Der Vogelbräu"

Address: Kapellenstraße 50, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone:+49 721 377571
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 1:00 am

I haven't been there in a long time, but I love walking around Sachsenhausen- very near Frankfurt. Mostly, at the gasthauses I found the typical pilsner, export, and weizens but generally good. Sachsenhausen has cobble stone streets, and it's fun to walk around and have a few beers and dinner.

that's really ironic... I was just there yesterday and this morning... drank a lot of hefeweizens. Im drinking a schlappe sepple munich helles...delicious

If I were you, I'd hop on a train and go to Karlsruhe. It's probably less than an hour ride. There is a really awesome brewpub there that makes the best bier in the world! I promise you, you won't regret it.

"Der Vogelbräu"

Address: Kapellenstraße 50, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone:+49 721 377571
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 1:00 am

much appreciated

Latest posts

Back