Imposter Stone beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taco29wps

Reaction score
Ok, so iM a huge stone fan. I'm visiting San Angelo TX and went to a place called The Ale House and they had a beer on tap called "Stone Double IPA". I didn't know Stone did a beer with that name...(thats exactly how it was labeled on the tap, but it was NOT listed on the beer menu). Anyway, Im trying to find it on line and nothing. Imposter beer? I don't want to be a tattle tale, but with respect to Stone, i wanted to point this out. Anyone have any information about this? Does this beer exist?

Taco

Ask the bartender or your server about it. I'm curious to hear their answer. It may just be Ruination, but I can't think why they wouldn't just say it.

My thoughts exactly about the ruination idea. Ruination has its own tap, and, it wasn't ruination in my opinion. Ive had ruination in the bottle but never on tap. Its a huge bitter bomb but this beer was more like the stone ipa...ie really hoopy and not as bitter. I know you wont believe this, but the waitress didn't know anything about any of the beers...lol. I feel like it was Not a Stone beer and i want to call BS out of respect for Stone. If its not, dont say it is.

This is the only thing I could find on the web about Stone Double IPA. Looks like a collaboration they did with a London brewery. I doubt that found its way to Texas.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408158433.670119.jpg

Maybe the pic worked this time.

Crap, that might be it. Where did you find that? Perhaps thats it. Thanks. Ill try to find the pic you posted and read about it.

Taco

Back