Importing recipes to new Brun water version

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysmithtx

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a Excel guy and would appreciate some guidance here. I have searched for the answer to this question and can't find it. I have a lot of recipes under some very old versions of Brun water. Since the latest version has more options I would like to open my old grain bills, etc. in the newest version of Brun water and save them there and not have to reenter all of the information.

Will someone point me in the right direction here?

I've been doing the same thing lately. Basically, you open your recipe in the older version of Bru'n water, then transcribe the data into the newer version. I went ahead and paid a donation to Martin for the excellent tool he's provided, and have been slowly changing over my existing profiles. First, I made a "master" copy that has my water profile already set up, then, I transcribe the important data (profile, mash, etc.) Just be careful, some of the fields have changed so you can't just do a simple copy and paste. Once it's finished, you just "Save as..." the new version of your existing water profile for that recipe.
Ed

That's what I have been doing too but it's a slow process. Plus if/when a new version comes out we are back to doing it all over again.

I'm hoping someone has a way to import the old recipes/info into the new version of Brun water.

I'm still holding out hope for some Excel wizardry from someone.

Actually I live in Bedford but figured more people would recognize Fort Worth.

Agree. I usually say "Ft Worth" b/c most folks know about it. If you said "HEB", or I said "Aledo"...they kind of shrug. Then again, you get those who say, "Oh, DFW?" To which I reply, "no, that's an airport in Grapevine...Dallas is 50 miles and a world apart from Ft Worth."
:mug:

Back