Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwards81

Reaction score
Looking into doing an Espresso imperial stout just not sure when to add the espresso. Here are my ingrediants
10lbs of dme, 1.25lbs of black roasted barley 12oz of Special B, 12 oz of carmel 120L, 1.5 oz of magnum, 2oz of willamette and Nottingham yeast any help would be great

redwards81 said:
Looking into doing an Espresso imperial stout just not sure when to add the espresso. Here are my ingrediants
10lbs of dme, 1.25lbs of black roasted barley 12oz of Special B, 12 oz of carmel 120L, 1.5 oz of magnum, 2oz of willamette and Nottingham yeast any help would be great

Please note this is a 60 min hop at 60 min add the magnum
30 add the willamette
20 min add 4lbs of the DME

I just did a coffee oatmeal stout. Cold pressed is the way to go. I think I added about 20 liquid ounces of coffee at bottling.

Looks fine. I used notty in my Barleywine still in the fermenter. Started at 1.122 and now 2 weeks later is at 1.022. It was at 1.026 after one week. Keep it as close to 60 as possible. I made an imperial stout back in January that wasn't close to palatable after 3 months bottled. It had a weird hot alcohol and banana flavor. i considered dumping it. Cracked one open 2 weeks ago. It was delicious.

Back