Imperial Juice A38 or Giga Vermont Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ru41285

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Brewing a NE APA this weekend and usually use wlp007 but want to switch things up. I know Giga yeasts Vermont Ale is Conan but I also have access to Imperial yeast and was toying with using their Juice strain.

Anyone have experience with both, or at least the Imperial strain since there's lots of info on the Conan strain? What differences can I expect or will they essentially be the same?

Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in giving A38 a go as well. Been very interested in trying out some of these dry yeast imperial strains, simply for ease of use with a dry strain that could throw off those esters. Interested if anyone has tried it!

Unfortunately I haven't used those, but I can share what I do know. I typically use 1318 in my NE-style beers, but recently tried Imperial's Barbarian strain (their version of Conan "Conan the Barbarian"). I was interested in the Juice as well, but they didn't have it in stock. I greatly prefer the Barbarian strain over 1318 - it allows the hop flavors and aromas to come through much more. I like 1318, but when compared side-by-side with Barbarian it seemed like the hop presence was semi-scrubbed out by a gentle bitterness, whereas in Barbarian there was no such bitterness and the hop flavor seemed full.

Back