Immersion Chiller Strain Relief?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krrazy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas that have worked well for others; I just upgraded my chiller to add recirculation capability but after brewing the first time the weight of the garden hose plus the recirculation hose pulls the chiller down and some of it rises out of the wort. I'm looking for a good way to add some strain relief that works with the boil setup to keep all of the coils submerged.

Thanks for the ideas!

To lighten the weight you could put some vinyl tubing on both ends so that the hose is on the ground. The tubing weighs less than the hose does. Should help a bit. Otherwise you could have the bent down ends (just before the hose connections) resting on your mash paddle/stirring spoon (set across the rim of your BK to support and prop them to keep it upright. I am usually actively whirlpooling when I am chilling, so having a hand on the chiller is no real issue for me.

Back