I'm on a diet, break out the bacon.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacon less than 3% fat? I guess that's by weight?

Doesn't sound like the bacon I get. Lots of fat drains out during cooking, I guess you mean after cooking?

Methinks it's the Rice Cakes that are killing her.

I suspect however, your comparison is skewed by equivalecy of portions. Where the bacon may only be 3%, that is 3% per bite with 3.6725 bites per bacon stick.

The rice cakes on the other hand are <5% fat per metric tonne. It's the blood loss from the shragging of her upper palate that killed her.

It's just the opposite here in the States. Quaker Rice Cakes are 0% fat and the average American bacon is 75% fat! I want some of Orfy's bacon.

Perhaps you could combine your two loves?

smallbaconmug.jpg

what kinda of bacon has only 2.3% fat per serving? Also those rice cakes have 2.8% fat per 100 grams and 0.6% saturated fat , how much fat in 100 grams of the bacon?

I just bought some bacon over the weekend Wrights brand natural smoke thick slice bacon ... 7 grams of fat per serving two slices

Friggin' canadians. Them and the amish are plotting against the US. They hate our bacon and our buttons.

DOWN WITH THE AMISH/CANADIAN CONSPIRACY CABAL!

Didn't Canadian bacon originate in the UK during the war (II)?... when food shortages required the importation of pork products from Canada and the Brits smoked/cured certain Canadian pork cuts... yadda, yadda, yadda, they called it Canadian bacon?

I guess I could have researched it myself, but I've a miserable cold and I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Methinks it's the Rice Cakes that are killing her.

I suspect however, your comparison is skewed by equivalecy of portions. Where the bacon may only be 3%, that is 3% per bite with 3.6725 bites per bacon stick.

The rice cakes on the other hand are <5% fat per metric tonne. It's the blood loss from the shragging of her upper palate that killed her.

what kinda of bacon has only 2.3% fat per serving? Also those rice cakes have 2.8% fat per 100 grams and 0.6% saturated fat , how much fat in 100 grams of the bacon?

I just bought some bacon over the weekend Wrights brand natural smoke thick slice bacon ... 7 grams of fat per serving two slices

You guys are comedy. Percentages are percentages, period, nothing about percent per bite or any crap like that. The 2.3% would be *shock* 2.3% per 100 grams as well.

It's not called Canadian bacon here.
It's bacon medallions and it's a premium product.

pork loin a premium product? canadian bacon is cheaper here than regular bacon.

You guys are comedy. Percentages are percentages, period, nothing about percent per bite or any crap like that. The 2.3% would be *shock* 2.3% per 100 grams as well.

well actually Orfy and I worded it wrong the rice cakes have 2.8 grams of fat per 100 grams not 2.8%

pork loin a premium product? canadian bacon is cheaper here than regular bacon.

well actually Orfy and I worded it wrong the rice cakes have 2.8 grams of fat per 100 grams not 2.8%

I've had a beer (well several plus some more)

But isn't 2.8 grams of fat per 100 equal to 2.8% of fat per any size portion?

I've had a beer (well several plus some more)

But isn't 2.8 grams of fat per 100 equal to 2.8% of fat per any size portion?

I guess so but your wife isn't eating a whole package at on sitting is she ? One serving (1 slice)has 0.2 grams of fat and most of that is unsaturated I don't think you can say that about the pig meat :D

Back