I'm famous! well sort of

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
I was interviewed for my neighborhood magazine, The Oak Cliff Advocate. I had no idea they would print my picture full page.
Hey btw, in our galleries it only shows medium size, but under the pic it says click for full size, yet when I click nothing happens (it used to work). I know the image is 1341 pixels wide.....'

sweet. i'm jealous, i wanna full page picture of me with my brew stuff to be in a magazine.

sweet! homebrewtalk.com sticker is on the rig ;)

i love the rig as well!

You've gotta get that photo blown up and frames with a copy of the print article.

I was interviewed by a local Delaware paper for a podcast I produced several years ago. My ugly mug was on the cover of the paper. Then, for the anniversary party, they reprinted each cover mega movie poster size. I got to take mine home. It's scary to see your own face like five feet big!

I made it to the Vermont Brewers Festival website, at the back of the refrigerated truck: http://vtbrewfest.com/photos#g_59_0 (second picture top left).

Or (exposure adjusted):

125nlf7.jpg

M_C

Cool. I'll need to see if the Lake Highlands Advocate has any interest in me. :eek:

I tried the lakewood beer at the Eno's Brew Riot. Good stuff.
Unfortunately the TX beverage laws do not allow brewers to self distribute, which kind of kills the nano brewery. You have to go distributor, or brewpub. I don't think I'd want to run a brewpub just to have a brewery.

sweet dude Oak Cliff represent lol, Im from Pleasant grove. I will have to check that magazine out

this picture can't be real, no way can a camera subtract 20lbs from an arm.

Yes it can. Take a look at his shoulder, too. His body is near the edge of the frame with a very wide angle lens, which distorts around the edges dramatically. Even the most high end wide angle lenses have "some" of this distortion.

congrats, what brand mash tun is that? used to either seeing the kegs or orange cooler ones

I was interviewed for my neighborhood magazine, The Oak Cliff Advocate. I had no idea they would print my picture full page.
Hey btw, in our galleries it only shows medium size, but under the pic it says click for full size, yet when I click nothing happens (it used to work). I know the image is 1341 pixels wide.....'

Awesome man! Congrats! Nice Brew Rig Btw! :mug:

Awesome, I didn't get my copy of the Advocate this time though =( I'm in Oak Cliff too, down in Kiestwood. I didn't know there were any other brewers in my neck of the woods. How did you do in Brew Riot? I didn't fare that well, but I had a great time!

Ryan
I did not participate for brew riot, but I have attended the last 2. I have not been brewing enough in this hot summer to do it. ( have to keep my kegerator full first)

Ah - I hear ya. It's a serious chore to brew in 100+ degree heat. I'm making my house IPA this Saturday and I'm not looking forward to baking while my wort boils, but it must be done! Are you a NTHBA member at all? I've been a member for a few years, but I don't go to a ton of functions, I just use it for the LHBS discouts.

I am a member, I've only been to a few functions, mostly brew days in the nicer months of the year. They don't seem to do anything south of 635. I think an Oak Cliff brew club could be formed.

Latest posts

Back