I'm calling it "The Beer Tumor"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckjaxfl

Reaction score
About three years ago, I had an infected batch of beer. Instead of cleaning it up, I was disgusted and I just set the corny in the garage out of the way.

It's three years later now. And, I just came across that Corny keg. So today, I'm cleaning it up again this fell out of it.

It smells more gross than it looks, and it feels more gross than that. I have been up to my elbow in guts before, and this is nothing even close to that. Parts of it are hard and dense, like little gristle nuggets. Other parts are foamy, and disintegrated immediately upon contact.

I have made it through without throwing up, but just barely.

image-3323328309.jpg

Enjoy!

Looks more like a giant booger...

No, sir. You enjoy that. I am okay without it!

chuck, we live in the same city, don't infect our water supply!! and for the love all that is holy don't bring any of that to the next kask meeting!!

Wow that looks nasty. It does somewhat resemble a kombucha scoby. You might want to save that to use as a prop if they ever film another Silence of the Lambs. I found something like that in one of my dad's old wine carboys that sat with a few inches of liquid in it for probably 15 years. I dumped it in the yard and it looked like someone gutted a deer on the lawn.

That thing is epic. I hope you have a garbage disposal on that sink!

You gonna reuse that corny?

I once had to pull something similar out of my dogs butt. It smelled pretty bad too.

beerloaf

After looking at that picture, i would soak the keg for at least a month with multiple clean cycles of water before putting in more golden nectar. I can just imagine the gag reflexes.

Don't dump it! Have you tasted it at least? It can't kill you.

No... just.. no. It smelled like the proverbial hobo's crotch. I gagged & tightened up a few times. Seriously. I just went to dump the keg and this thing kinda oozed and plopped out into the sink, like placenta from a decayed zombie cow or something.

I thought, no one is going to believe my description of this thing, so I took the pic!

Looks like a zombie yakked up squirel brains. Don't leave your kegs where the zombies can sneak into them next time...:drunk:

chuckjaxfl said:
like placenta from a decayed zombie cow

My new favorite simile. X is like placenta from a decayed zombie cow.

I wish I still taught 9th grade English. This would be on the blackboard tomorrow morning!

Back