I'm at a bar, old Rasputin question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
Does old Rasputin come nitrgonated? I just ordered one and it looks like guinness does.

Any stout can be served on nitro. It just depends on whether the bar does or not. You could ask them...

I've never had it on tap. However, even if served with nitrogen the keg of beer would be no different. The bar could choose to serve it on Nitro. I know BJ's here in San Antonio serves their stout and their porter on Nitro. I've also had pale ales, bitters and others served on nitro.

Does old Rasputin come nitrgonated? I just ordered one and it looks like guinness does.

I had one on tap as well last Saturday (1/11)..and I was wondering the same thing. It was waay smooth. I know there is no Lactose in RIS...so I was also wondering why it was as smooth as milk.
I am not a fan of nitro myself..for instance with Left Hands Milk Stout...I didn't like the Nitro version as much as standard CO2

Yeah, they didn't have the first 2 beers I asked for, so I wasn't sure if they were trying to pull a fast one on me and just give me something different. But drank about half and it have me a nice warming feeling. It's gotta be OLD Rasputin. I had it in a bottle years ago so I don't remember how it taste. It's good but I rather it not be nitrogenated

However, even if served with nitrogen the keg of beer would be no different

Not really true. Beers that are going to be served on nitro have to be carbed to a much lower level, so the keg would have had to be carbed at the brewery to a lower level.

I was fantastic!

Typo?

fabulous.jpg

Back