Igloo 7.1 FRF710 Kegerator Build (Cost + Pictures)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
HBT helped me a tremendous amount on building kegerator and I wanted to share my experience. Below is the pricing and parts for my kegerator build.

Description
3 tap kegerator, with 5# co2 tank inside (possibly 4 kegs in the future).

Parts
The freezer chosen was this freezer at Best Buy for $169.00 plus tax. It can fit 4 pin lock kegs easily (3 on floor, one on the hump).

Originally this setup with 2 converted ball lock kegs was purchased (before kegerator build was in mind) for $205.39 plus tax.

Next thing on the list was the 3 Faucet Fridge Homebrew Kegerator Kit without the regulator plus another converted ball lock keg for $251.15 plus tax.

For temp control I chose the STC-1000 off amazon for $16.98.

The parts for the collar were found at Home Depot including:
2x6x10 lumber
Wood Screws
Liquid Nails
Wood stain and paint brush
For a total of 28.11 + tax.

Overall
So the overall pricing for 3 keg kegerator parts and all ~$730.00.

I am able to fit 4 kegs in this freezer (pin or ball lock).

The only pricing I did not include is the co2 tank which I exchange at the LHBS.

I hope this helps and good luck everyone, happy brewing!

IMG_6902.jpg

IMG_6903.jpg

Depending on how tall the collar is. I have a 6 inch collar. So a 6.5 carboy on hump with airlock, will not fit.

But, with 8 inch collar, it should fit with 1 in or so to spare. From the hump to top of seal (not including collar) is 18.5 inches.

Latest posts

Back