if anyone is interested - a good deal on kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was over at Strange Brew last weekend and saw the stack that these kegs are pulled from. It's up against a ~20' tall warehouse wall, and runs from side wall to side wall - maybe 20 feet - at least two maybe three kegs deep, and probably 15 feet up the wall at the peak. It is an amazing pile of kegs.

They got these all stainless racetrack ball lock kegs from a defunct bottling factory down in Fall River (had to have been tits up for a decade or more). At some point the kegs had been cleaned within an inch of their lives - and then stored. The Strange Brew crew thought they'd be cleaning a thousand kegs full of old syrup - but they were all clean inside already! And many of them appear to be in near mint condition, making one wonder if those had ever been actually used.

Anyway, while they're a bit unconventional in appearance, they're a pretty good deal, imo...

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the dimensions of the kegs? Space is tight in the fridge so want to make sure it'll fit.

Kegconnection is a couple bucks cheaper, with shipping, if you get two or more. They are $50 there, but $7 flat per order.

Kegconnection is a couple bucks cheaper, with shipping, if you get two or more. They are $50 there, but $7 flat per order.

Where? The only $50 kegs I can spot on their site are pin lock. Their ball locks are $79 and up.

My bad, you're right, I didn't notice OP said ball lock. The ball lock craze seems to be taking its toll though, unless you're sure the diameter difference is going to matter in your rig it sure seems like a good time to switch, with the way prices are going. Connectors aren't much.

Back