Idiot Box: what's on your teevee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My three year old passed out while mama and the sisters were out shopping. I got to do dad- interest television and chose a riot grrl documentary.

Nobody's home right now, but last night the kid and I watched ALIEN. She was skeptical at first, but she seemed to like it, and using her older sister as a guideline, I suspect we will be watching all of the Alien and Predator and AVP movies now. We all know ALIENS was the more enjoyable movie (Although I do sometimes appreciate the pacing of Ridley Scott's movies, James Cameron's follow up did action horror better service I think.)

Wife watched the Golden Globes in the other room during this.

Nothing. Havent owned a TV most of my adult life.

But I did watch CNN Intrernational coverage of the Paris attack & demostrations on the resturants TV this AM. Really demonstrates how the Israeli/Palastinian conflict is one of the main cruicibles which produces radicalized young people. Imagine growing up in the Gaza Strip and seeing your home bulldozed, family members killed, a 40' wall built around your country. That plus limited opportunities equal an effective recipe for radicalization. Tough problem to solve.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Oh boy.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHhheCf0G1I[/ame]

I see this everyday. My son dances to it while the rest of just sigh. My 7 year old has her own tablet now, so none of us are hostage to my little man's "Minnie!".

He really loves Minnie mouse. He has a doll of her that's his size that he spoons with at night. It's cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHhheCf0G1I

I see this everyday. My son dances to it while the rest of just sigh. My 7 year old has her own tablet now, so none of us are hostage to my little man's "Minnie!".

He really loves Minnie mouse. He has a doll of her that's his size that he spoons with at night. It's cute.

Hot dog, Hot dog...

I believe I've seen all seasons about 100 times. My daughter is just about to turn 2. I don't know what Disney puts in those tv shows but it's like kiddy crack. For Christmas this year we got her a Mickey Mouse doll and she carries it all round with her, puts him to bed and feeds him her meals.

Nobody's home right now, but last night the kid and I watched ALIEN. She was skeptical at first, but she seemed to like it, and using her older sister as a guideline, I suspect we will be watching all of the Alien and Predator and AVP movies now. We all know ALIENS was the more enjoyable movie (Although I do sometimes appreciate the pacing of Ridley Scott's movies, James Cameron's follow up did action horror better service I think.)

Wife watched the Golden Globes in the other room during this.
Alien was sci-fi horror, Aliens was sci-fi action. Both great films in their own genres, but very different tones.

They all talk at the same time on that show. It drives me nuts. I literally run screaming from the room after 3 minutes.

F'real tho? Easily the most "real" TV drama of the last decade. Maybe my family yells too much.

Odd Thomas was pretty good. Ending was predictable, but you can't win them all.

Last thing we watched is a sitcom called Ground Floor. The wife thinks it's funny, I only watch it for Briga Heelan. She's super hot!

I think we're working our way out of an era of fairy tale endings. Things don't end well. At best, you're going to die peacefully, and that still kind of sucks.

It's time our media reflected that.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk[/ame]

It's not a, it's the Greatest Episode of any show ever. It is the greatness to which all other's should be compared.

That was a good one.

I was always partial to the "Who Pooped The Bed?" episode, as well.

So many good episodes.

I was also watching the Jersey Shore episode. My wife has screamed "rum ham!!!!!!!!!" at random points and it's hilarious.

If not "The Nightman Cometh", then "Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare". I love that episode.

Quins Vs. Wasps - European Rugby Championship. Very exciting game, should be well balanced but possession and scoreline tell very different stories at the moment.

Sittin' here doing system backups, drinking a bourbon barrel beer, flip on the toob for background noise and here's what's on...

beerfest-screeningjpg

How did this not win a People's Choice Award?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuPhs-Gjdw[/ame]

Cheers! ;)

Latest posts

Back