IC vs CF vs Plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLW

Reaction score
I know, this debate has been debated many times. I've been brewing since I think January 2010 and I'm ready to start making my brew day more efficient wherever I can. I have a 5 gallon set up and I don't see any plans on the horizon to go bigger. Although, the idea of 10 gallons at a time does make sense from an efficiency standpoint.

Anyway, I'm still using the IC I made when I went to all grain. It was never super efficient but it did the job. I've read a lot on this site and other places but I'm still debating between the Hydra, a CF, or a plate. The Hydra seems to be a good option and would save some money since I wouldn't need a pump. There is something to be said for pumping through a CF or a plate into the fermenter at the desired temp. I should add, that I also understand the difference in sanitation needs between the options.

I might be suffering from paralysis from over analysis.

Last edited:
Back